Monday 4 March 2013

Talking 'style' with a Model...



 E L L I E  .  F O X  


I was lucky enough to interview the wonderful Ellie. You may have seen her modeling some beautiful clothes on websites such as Asos.com, Diffusion.co.uk and The White pepper.com. I really wanted have a chat with her because i'm personally inspired by her striking and clean cut look. I hope you enjoy reading her responses and taking a look at some of her stunning work as much as i did!  


 When and How did you get started?
My first ever photo-shoot was for a beauty pageant aged 14, it wasn't a great experience as the photos went to a competition. The fear of losing was a horrible thing at that age, the pageant industry isn't ideal. Almost 2 years later I was approached by a designer on the train and she asked me if I could model for her in London!

Why did you want to start modeling?
I didn't really want to start modelling, I kinda just fell into it. A lot of people have this misconception that it is my priority, when really I want to study and train and get on with my other hobbies also.


What has been your favourite shoot/modeling experience so far and why?
My favourite experience... Well that's a hard one, I can't choose. I think I really enjoy the majority of shoots, whether it be studio or on location, but the most exciting ones have to be on location as there is such a wide variety of things you can do and environments you can visit.
                                              

Where do you get your own personal style inspiration from?
My style inspiration is varied. I love clean lines and clinical materials but I can't get away with it at college/every day so opt for the more slouchy art-student look, heightening the impact with leather and dark colours - think Assassins Creed or Ann Demeulemeester.

Can you describe your personal style at the moment in 3 words?
 But my style changes so often! - alchemistic, uncomplicated but meticulous

 And lastly - Do you have any little style tips for this season?
Everything is "the new black" nowadays. Just look to art and culture for inspiration. Consider the shape of your body and what suits you best. Make shapes and vectors with your clothes. Get those staple items that will stay in your wardrobe forever - white shirts, black jeans, coloured sweaters etc. Don't be afraid.


If you're interested in the clothing in the shots above, why not visit www.thewhitepepper.com I am a huge fan of their clothing line and you will come across a lot more of Ellie's stunning work. 

~ A special thank you to my beautiful blog guest Ellie ~




No comments:

Post a Comment